WEDNESDAY, 17 DECEMBER 2014
LACE celebrates Birthday today
LETS US CELEBRATE TAIWO AGBOHUNSA, WHO ADOPTED LACE AS STAGE NAME, AND REVEALED TO PUBLICFACES MAGAZINE WHAT IS BEHIND THE STAGE NAME – LACE. HE ALSO SPOKE ON SUNDRY ISSUES AND WHY HE SIGNED WITH DOZAGE RECORD LABEL. WE WISH HIM LONGLIFE AND PROSPERITY,SUCCESSFUL MUSIC CAREER,MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE  
 
Excerpts:


Q  How did you come about your stage name?

I came by the name through my friends because my parents separated when I was very young and by time I was 10-year old my dad took me to see my mum in Republic of Benin. She was so happy; she took me to the market and bought a lot of Lace cloths for me. By the time I got back to Nigeria most of my clothes were Lace material and people start identifying me with my clothes.

Q What about your early career?

It was rough because I came into Lagos not knowing anybody; I just asked some where I could get a Studio and I found myself living there because I helped some guys on Studio section to harmonise music.

Q What genre of music do you play?

I do Afro-Hip-pop music.

Q  What has been your experience with Dozage Records?

Since joining Dozage, it has been a huge success and pillar to my career; we have been trying to work up to the peak. Dozage has got a lot of talents to watch out for, like Mayor Safin, Phenom, and I know we are taking over soon.

Q  Which song that brought you into limelight?
Hmmm I will say it "Sebiwo".

Q Experience with other Nigerian artistes?

 It has been cool, few still want to feel what this guy can do, but I am sure they are convinced, so it has been fine.

Q  What informed your recently album - BENIN TO NIGERIA; why did you tag and release it on 14th of February?
Well, my debut album Benin-2-Nigeria is all about me, where I come from, what I can do and my style of music. My management chose the date and we worked it out.

Q Does your music have any impact on your religion?

Well I am a Christian and I respect God a lot. I usually sing with positive message either to praise God or satisfy my fans.

Q Your Happiest moment?

The day I re-united my mum for the first time

Q Are you also considering politics after fame and money?

Well, it is not a bad idea but believe me when I say this "I am a business man"

Q You are always wild on stage

My music, my fans, the way they respond make me want to jump in their midst; sing, dance and play because that's just the time we can at that period.

Q Grudges between you and Olamide

There is absolutely nothing between us we are good friends, he couldn't make it for my video shoot and he later explained. I respect his view.

Q What is the idea behind your generosity on stage?

I am a free person like my mum, I give with my heart and like I said earlier it is the best medium where I am able to entertain my fans so while they give me the joy of cheering them up, it is not a bad idea when I give too abi nah!

Q Who is that woman in your life?

For now my career and my mum.

Q What is the inspiration behind 'She bi wo' lyrics?

'She bi wo' was a track that narrated my early story in life and my kneeling- down is because I am always thankful of where God is taking me to because it is by his grace. Waleke lace say so.

0 comments:

 
Top